Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Spacemen 3

I made a new play list of old Spacemen 3 songs this past weekend. Finally, I've found the real inspiration for the psychedelia of Brian Jonestown Massacre. Mostly I poached from an old bootleg put out by Father Yod's label, Forged Prescription. Another reissue is entitled Taking Drugs To Make Music To Take Drugs To. It's pretty straight ahead, basic stuff, without the wall of sound of something like Bardo Pond (who have covered Spacemen 3), but they do use the same sort of background drone. All in all, it's garage rock, but slowed down and distorted. I've never really thought about collecting music before - like having something more than MP3s - but I've come to love this punk psychedelia (shoegaze?) genre so much I may have to start scouring ebay.

I'd like to feed my head, so to speak. Instead, I bicycled ten miles this morning, on a stationary bike at the YMCA. And I'll meet later to talk with my dissertation director about how afraid I am that I won't finish the dissertation in time.

Sigh . . . at least I'll always have music. From Walkin' with Jesus:

Well, here it comes
Here comes the sound
The sound of confusion
The sound of love

No comments: