Thursday, November 15, 2007

Quantum gods

I've applied to a number of religious universities, Catholic, Lutheran, and Methodist. Some are still associated with their religion (nuns in the house!), others not. I do like their commitment to a liberal arts education and they seem more hospitable to a subject like English than the corporate personality of the contemporary public university, but what will I do when actually confronted with religious discourse? I've already had to tell students that the bible is not a legitimate research source for studying contemporary media. Are students at mainstream religious universities more or less savvy about this sort of thing? I do know one thing. I worship the quantum gods, who may or may not exist.

If this seems too odd for words, read up on the web meme of Lolcats.

No comments: