Saturday, November 10, 2007

Back


I'm back in the bosom of my family. I got earlier flights coming back, which worked out great on this weekend before the big holiday travel season. It's been a while since I flew on a good day, and all just went swimmingly. I even got upgraded to business class on the last leg. Too bad we were only in the air about 30 minutes.

The conference was cozy and intimate, which meant a small audience but good discussions during Q&A. There was a fabulous and exciting keynote address, with some direct impact on my own work. I roomed with and hung out with an old friend. We had some old country ethnic food that he was familiar with and checked out the local sights. Surprisingly, I saw quite a few former graduate school colleagues. I'm the only one in the group that coalesced randomly at the reception still on the job market. But we've settled down in similar ways (children, houses, etc.). I just hope I don't end up in the city where I just spent the past couple of days. Where we're at, ironically enough, has become the gold standard.

LB just said Dahhddi over and over. BB showed me his new Vader winter hat. I'm home.

No comments: