Friday, September 14, 2007

Bananas

BB is "line leader" this week.  I assume he "leads" the line, but it's not clear at all what he gets to do or what privileges he gains.  What it does mean is that we bring an end-of-the-week snack.  Our contribution this week?  Something healthy, of course, even if it makes him eternally unpopular.  No cookies, crackers, or other empty-calorie snacks from us. Instead, BB and I lugged 25 bananas into school.  His teacher has been teaching kindergarten for 20 some years.  Today, she said, ah, bananas.  We had bananas last night.  Our dog likes bananas, and leaning in she cracked, you know how corgies get fat. There are so many defamiliarizing features to this little exchange I don't know really where to begin.  People eat bananas for dinner?  Feed them to their dogs?  Are bananas good for fat corgies?  I like BB's teacher, though.  I can believe she's from Texas, a place where personalities tend to be bigger.

No comments: