Monday, March 10, 2008

Zero 7

"In the Waiting Line." I've put this song into multiple playlists. Interestingly, there's a video for this song featuring robots in an industrial labor kind of environment, which makes sense with its theme of malaise. But instead of giving you the robots, I give you a live version. They've also made a video to "End Theme" in which a woman wanders with increasing stress through a city encountering the words "panic," "anxiety," "fear," and "paranoia." Not quite what one expects from their downtempo vibe. I like the juxtaposition, like supplementing a daily dose of prozac with a little adderall. As I recall, something like Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" isn't exactly comforting. In any case, "Waiting Line" features these very lyrical lines: "Nothing is real / Wasting my time / In the waiting line."

No comments: