Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Robot exhibit


We took the kids to a robot exhibit in a nearby museum over the weekend. It was very well done, even though its primary audience is kids. It included as much about the cultural significance of robots as the technology required to build and animate them. I have to say, the type of toy robots on sale at the box stores, which we tried out at the exhibit, are super lame. Some of these I've shown in previous pictures. BB's entre into robots has come through C3PO and R2D2, but apparently some of the geekier types in his class are talking about building robots. BB has been crafting them out of lego type toys. Next he'll be wanting to know how to make them come alive.

I took a few photographs, which I'll be sharing over time. This is one of the creepier images I found.

No comments: