Saturday, March 29, 2008

Headed to the zoo

We're headed to the zoo today, weather willing. It will be LB's first time. I can't wait to hear him say "nake," "nake." Or "brrd," "brrd." Or even "uck," "uck."

LB's vocabulary is exponential. He says at least 10 new words every day. Apparently, he saw the sand table at pre-school yesterday and his teacher swears he cried "oh my god!" in glee.

BB's feet are growing a size almost every month. He had a good week at school. He named five friends from school and exclaimed, "we've decided to have a play date." All six kids have decided to plan a collective play date. How cool.

On AO's urging we were at the mall at 8 p.m. last night, for some much needed shoe shopping. The whole place was humming with young teens engaging in courtship rituals. There were actually a few kids playing soccer in the corner of a sporting goods store. I don't think I've ever been at a mall after 8, at least not since I was a teenager. Wow. It's like discovering that people sleep in your car every night.

I'll post pictures from the zoo if all goes well.

No comments: