Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pipes

Fixed the kitchen drains this morning. I kind of stretched the whole thing out putting in the garbage disposal, trying to get another half inch of breathing room from a drain connection that was already at its limit. The problem is that the standard right angle run is 7" long and I needed more than that to get it all fitting comfortably. I found some 16" runs at Lowes and cut them down. In fact, I had to buy these as part of a kit so I replaced almost all of the pieces under the sink. It's not going anywhere now.

Yucky fact of the day that I didn't know about: Some collagen comes from the skin of human cadavers. (It's apparently the business of one South Dakota republican congressman.) I'll be thinking about this the next time I kiss the succulent lips of someone who's had some "work."

No comments: